Silver Dollar Sweet Potatoes
Hmmmm. So lets see. You want to give your kids a side dish, but want to make it a little more creative. Not the same old, same old. Oh yea, if you can make it healthier, than by gosh throw that in there too!
These ought to do the trick!
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 5 min • Yield: 2 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of celtic sea salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup of grass fed butter
- Slice the sweet potatoes into coin sized pieces ( about 1/4 inch thick) and place them on a baking sheet.
- With a fork, combine the almond flour and spices in a bowl
- Set up a bowl with the eggs whisked together
- Set up a bowl with the almond flour and spices together
- Take each sweet potato silver dollar and dip in the egg, the flour mixture, and place back on the baking sheet
- With a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
- Place each silver dollar in the skillet and cook them about 3 minutes on each side, until a nice crisp brown
- Add more butter to the skillet as needed
- Remove each silver dollar sweet potatoes from the skillet when browned, put aside and continue to cook more until the batch is done.
Whola! A kid friendly side dish.. healthy too!