Scallops with Roasted Parsnips
Prep time: 30min • Cook time: 50 min • Yield: 2 servings
- 1 ½ cups (about 6 ounces), peeled 1-inch cubed parsnips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- paprika, garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Prepare the parsnips. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine parsnips and melted coconut oil in a medium bowl and toss well. Spread the parsnips on the prepared baking sheet and season lightly with salt.
- Bake for 12- to 15-minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, dry the scallops with paper towel.
- Melt the coconut oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add the scallops and sear for approx. 2-minutes on each side. Transfer the scallops to a dish and set aside.
- Add the garlic and spinach to the pan, cover with a lid and cook for 2-minutes. Transfer the spinach to a bowl and set aside.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and sauté for 1-minute. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Add the scallops back to the pan and heat for 1-minute more.
- Serve the scallops, paprika and parsley sprinkled over with spinach, tomatoes and parsnips on the side with 2 to 4 lemon wedges per serving (lemon wedges serve as a garnish and can be squeezed over the finished food).