Seared Baby Bok Choy with Mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Yield: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 16 baby bok choy
- 1-1⁄2 pounds white or crimini mushrooms, about 3 – 4 cups, sliced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Coconut aminos (optional)
In a large heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil on medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, sear half the bok choy for 3 to 5 minutes, turning only once. The bok choy should turn partially brown and wilt. Repeat with remaining bok choy. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same skillet, melt one teaspoon coconut oil on medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, add half the mushrooms. When they begin to soften, remove from pan and set aside with bok choy. Remove any mushroom liquid from the pan and repeat. Season with sea salt and pepper and serve with toasted sesame seeds and coconut aminos (optional) as condiments.
Refrigerate half the vegetable mixture for tomorrow’s breakfast.