Tom Kha Gai Chicken Coconut Soup
4g carbs | 11g fat | 15g protein
- 4 cups Dr. Kellyann's Thai Lemongrass Bone Broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, 13 ½ to 15 ounces
- 2 cups chicken, precooked & shredded
- 8 - 12oz mushrooms
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 - 3 baby bok choy
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- ½ tsp celtic or pink himalayan salt
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ tbs fish sauce (optional)
Heat bone broth in a saucepan and bring to boil, add in celery, and bamboo shoots, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add in mushrooms, shredded chicken, and bok choy, simmer for another 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and warm through. Taste and modify seasoning to your liking.
Serve with crushed red pepper.