This delicious and refreshing chilled soup is perfect for warm nights and even warmer days. Scroll down for Dr. Kellyann diet/program compatibility.
Prep time: 30 min • Yield: 4 servings
- 5 cups watermelon, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped, plus 1 cup cut into 1⁄4- to 1⁄2-inch dice
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth or Dr. Kellyannʼs Chicken Bone Broth
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced (about 2 ribs)
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced (1 medium red pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced (1⁄2 small red onion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 11⁄2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (1 small pepper)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Puree 5 cups of watermelon plus the broth in a blender until mixture is smooth. Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl and discard pulp. You should have about 4 cups of strained liquid.
Add cucumber, celery, bell pepper, onion, herbs, lime juice, vinegar, jalapeño, and remaining cup of chopped watermelon to blended liquid. Stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish with mint (optional). Gazpacho should be eaten within 1 day.
Dr. Kellyann Diet & Program Compatibility
10-Day Belly Slim Down: 1 serving is an acceptable substitution for grapefruit on your Slim Plate Meal.
Bone Broth Diet: 1 serving is an acceptable substitution for your fruit serving on eating days.
Cleanse and Reset: 1 serving is an acceptable substitution for your Collagen Smoothie. We recommend you add an additional 8 ounces of bone broth or a scoop of plain collagen to the serving, and then blend or puree like a smoothie.