Beef and Broccoli with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 40 min • Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 tablespoon plus, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, and cinnamon (if desired). Mix well so that the potatoes are completely covered in oil and spices.
- Place the potatoes in a 9-x-13-inch baking dish and arrange in a single layer. Bake for 30-minutes, turning the mixture once. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet until it's liquid and shimmering. Add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Add the beef to the onions and garlic, breaking up the beef as it browns. Drain the excess fat; remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the skillet and heat until the oil is liquid and shimmering. Add the broccoli to pan and cook until it's bright green.
- Add the cooked beef and the sweet potatoes to the broccoli, mix well, and heat through. Serve immediately.