Chicken and "Rice" Soup
- 2 tablespoons ghee or pasture raised butter
- 1 small onion (about 1/2 cup), diced
- 4 to 5 cups cauliflower, 1 medium head, chopped or pulsed in food processor into rice-sized pieces (measure after it has been processed)
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 can unsweetened full fat coconut milk, 13 1/2 to 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Melt ghee/butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté for three to five minutes until translucent.
Add cauliflower, celery and carrots and cook for about eight minutes until vegetables are tender.
Add bone broth, coconut milk, parsley and thyme and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes to heat through. Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve immediately.