Chilled Green Power Soup
Prep Time: 15-20 min | Yield: 4 servings
This chilled soup is fantastic on a hot summer day. It doesn't require any cooking, and it revs you up when the heat of the day has you wilting. This soup is also loaded with multiple immune-boosting ingredients to keep you healthy all year round.
- 1 red bell pepper, half finely chopped and half cut into chunks
- 1 European cucumber, half finely chopped and half cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, zested, then peeled and segmented
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup baby kale
- 2/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, lightly stirred
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
In a small bowl, combine the finely chopped red pepper, finely chopped cucumber, and lemon zest; set aside.
In a blender, combine the red pepper chunks, cucumber chunks, avocado chunks, lemon juice, spinach, kale, parsley, garlic, coconut milk, water, ice cubes, salt, and cayenne (if using). Puree until smooth. You may need to stop the blender a few times to move the ingredients along with the handle of a wooden spoon.
To serve, divide among 4 soup bowls and top with garnish.