Kale with a Kick
You think you don’t like Kale? I dare you to say that after you taste the absolute coolest kale dish on the planet. Seriously. The stuff is good.
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 5 min • Yield: 2 servings
- 1 head of Kale (any variety works; red kale is a personal favorite)
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons of Celtic sea salt (or healthy salt)
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 2 strips bacon, chopped (no nitrites, casein, gluten or antibiotics)
- Pan fry the bacon until it’s nice and crisp (about 2 minutes).
- Chop up the Kale removing the tough spine along the edges.
- Chop the avocado, onions and bacon.
- In a mixing bowl toss all ingredients together, squeezing and massaging the kale to soften the leaves and cream the avocado.
- If you can let it sit for about 30 minutes, the best flavor pop out. Otherwise, serve straight away.
Kale is actually considered a superfood because of it has a high nutrient density and powerful cancer fighting abilities. So, it get’s you well and keeps you well. If that’s not enough to jazz you, than eat kale because it makes you look way better. Radiant skin, bright eyes and shinier hair are all up for grabs!
What’s that again?
Nutrient density: A food packed with not so many calories, but oh so many nutrients. Compared to a sugary carbohydrate, like a donut, which is loaded with calories, but scores a zero in the nutrient department. This food has a low nutritional density and causes people to become overweight and malnourished!