Prep Time: 10 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups multicolored cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half, or 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 10 kalamata olives
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, and basil. Season with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar and toss gently.
Note: This salad gets even better as it marinates, so if you can make it a few hours ahead of time, all the better. It’s also terrific the next day, and it’s a great base for a luncheon salad. Finely chop one palm-size piece of roasted chicken breast per person and add to salad.