My tasty taco salad is sure to delight your taste buds with flavorful bell pepper, rich spices, and a savory kick from my homestyle Bone Broth!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4
For the Taco Meat:
- 1 cup of Dr. Kellyann’s Homestyle Bone Broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef preferably grass-fed, organic
- 1 cup white onion diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ or more teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4-6 cups romaine, chopped.
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
For The Taco Meat
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add the ground beef and cook it until completely brown. Set it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onions are soft and translucent. About 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add all the spices (paprika, onion powder, coriander powder, chili powder, cumin powder, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper).
- Stir to combine. Add ground beef to the pot and bring cooked ground beef to the pot. Then stir in 1 cup of water with 1 packet of Dr. Kellyann’s Homestyle Bone Broth.
- Bring the ground beef mixture to a boil and then, lower the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 20-30 mins (the longer, the better), stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
For The Salad
- In a large salad bowl, add lettuces, sliced avocado, tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, and half of the cooked ground beef.
- Squeeze some lime on top of the salad and season it with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Notes: Pair it with my Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing for a tangy twist.