Sausage and Squash Breakfast Hash
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 25 min • Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups squash diced in 1/2" cubes (try butternut, acorn, calabaza, or any of the winter squashes)
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ pound spicy sausage (no-sugar added), casing removed and meat diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss the squash, mushrooms, garlic, and sausage together.
- Spread the vegetable mixture into a baking dish, making sure not to overcrowd, and bake for 25-minutes or until the veggies are tender and the sausage is browned.
- While the veggie mixture is baking, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Starting with half the oil and adding more as needed, fry the eggs, two at a time, to your desired doneness.
- Remove the vegetable mixture from the oven and top with fried eggs. Garnish with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Courtesy of Arsy Vartanian (www.rubiesandradishes.com).