Dr. Kellyann's Brain-Boosting Breakfast
Want to start your day sharp as a tack, laser-focused, and crystal clear? Coffee, collagen, healthy fats, and low-carb makes for a great morning brain-boost.
I have this at least 2 to 3 mornings, or more, each week. As busy as I am, I need something quick, something that gives me energy, and definitely something that DOES NOT induce brain fog. And, you know how I feel about collagen, and this gives me my daily dose of collagen.
Personally I like to get between 15 and 30 grams of collagen a day, especially when I am intermittent-fasting, and my morning brain-booster gives me 21 grams of collagen in just my breakfast. So, BAM!, I am set for the day. And when you make this low-carb/no-sugar you’re keeping your insulin down and helps you stay in the glorious fat-burning state.
While I know a lot of people benefit from keto coffee, the high-fat coffee with two tablespoons of butter, coconut oil, and/or MCT oil, I prefer my prefer breakfasts to be more balanced in macronutrients–a healthier ratio of fat and protein.
What I love about my brain-boosting breakfast
- It’s a quick breakfast that will keep me going strong all-day
- I get my daily dose of collagen
- It contains 15 grams of protein
- I get a dose of healthy fats
- I keep myself in the fat-burning state
- I get to drink a guilt-free chocolately-latte in the morning
- And, I keep my brain sharp and clear
Here's how to make it
- 1 packet Collagen Coffee To Go OR 8 to 12 ounce of your favorite brewed coffee
- 1 packet Collagen Shake in Chocolate Almond
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons MCT oil (or 2 more teaspoons of coconut oil or grass-fed ghee or butter)
Directions: Combine using blender.