Pesto Power Bowl
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 10 min | Yield: 1 serving
For the pesto:
- 1 cup basil leaves, tightly packed
- ½ cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ to ½ medium avocado
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
For the bowl:
- 1 or more cups cauliflower rice
- Avocado or coconut oil cooking spray
- 4 to 6 ounces chicken, cut into strips
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup or more grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves, optional garnish
Make the pesto:
Put all pesto ingredients in a food processor/blender and process until smooth, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides. Mix half the pesto with cauliflower rice and place in a bowl to microwave. Reserve the remaining pesto for the topping.
Cook ingredients for the bowl:
Spray a heavy skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. When the pan is hot, add chicken, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and sauté for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add bell pepper and tomatoes and sauté for 3 or 4 minutes. Warm cauliflower rice that’s been tossed with pesto in the microwave just to heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Top with chicken, vegetable mixture,
and remaining pesto. Optionally garnisih with basil.
Notes: You can replace the raw chicken with already prepared chicken and simply sauté the vegetables. This is equally delicious with shrimp or fish.