Thanksgiving Paleo Gravy
Prep time: 5 min • Cook time: 10-15 min • Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons pan dripping from turkey (fat skimmed from the top)
- 2 cups organic chicken broth or Dr. Kellyann Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons organic arrowroot
- Celtic or pink Himalayan salt and white pepper, to taste
In a heavy weight medium sauce pan over medium heat, warm the onion powder for a few seconds. Add the chicken broth to the saucepan. Stir in the pan drippings and combine well. Bring this to a boil.
Measure the almond milk in a 1 cup measuring cup and add the arrowroot. Stir a make a smooth slurry. Stir the slurry into the hot broth, reserving a little slurry for extra thickening. Continue stirring to combine.
When the gravy thickens, remove it from the heat source. If you like thicker gravy, quickly stir in more slurry. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Transfer the gravy to a warm bowl for serving.